Friday, July 10, 2009

Their birthday....postponed! :o(

Tuesday was the girl's birthday, and we started out with the plans to go food shopping with the girls and later go by Target to get some things to have a little family celebration of their birthday.  Well, I guess two of us were just due for a mini-meltdown, and the birthday celebration was postponed, to be done with Jenna's birthday (she turns sweet 16 July 11th) when she returns from her Senior High outing.  It was just not a day to be celebrated.  We had food issues - I made Asian Rice noodles for them and they tasted really good - they looked Chinese to me!  But the girls wouldn't even try them.  I was getting ready to leave anyway to get a head start before Tony later brought the girls to a store, but I was glad to be leaving, because them not trying to eat what I had prepared, in quite simple terms, made me MAD!  I'm not sure if they understood those words and the accompanying body language that went with them, but I'm pretty sure they did!   Next, Tony made it to the store where I had found a Chinese employee that was helping me.  The girls arrived but would not really answer his questions or offers to help.  Then Maggie got car sick, and I tried to get her to drink some Ginger Ale to settle her stomach (after researching possible coping solutions to car sickness), but she refused.  Although I know she's experiencing so many changes and challenges, this also really frustrated me.  They immediately ran upstairs and went right to bed, and I was glad to let them!  Hmmm....maybe this is the first "bump in the road" that I knew was coming, but you never know how it's going to truly look or feel in new situations, and I can't say I really liked the bump.  Exhaustion on everyone's part was also shutting down our "shock absorbers" for this bump.  There were some tears shed, as well as simple communication with them that I loved them and I was sorry for the bad day, and I reached out to some people on my support team.  I also made a handy list of that support team and phone numbers, because I could see that it was going to be needed to help combat those honest, inevitable thoughts of "What have we done?!!!!!!!!!!!!" even though I know we followed His clear plan for our family.  I decided the final solution was for this mom to hit the TV and sofa at 6 pm and sleep as well!!!  If anyone ate anything that night, it certainly wasn't because mom fixed it!!!  As the beautiful verse in His Word says, "In the morning, His mercies are new"; I just started night early on this day so that I could get to those mercies!

No comments:

Post a Comment