Friday, September 18, 2009

And here's the other side...

In an effort to keep it "fair and balanced" and real, I'm just confessing that hearing the word, "mom" accompanied by a request for another need (or more commonly, a WANT) was truly getting on my last nerve last night and this morning. It was absolutely nothing they were doing wrong or that was outside what is to be expected, but I really had to go pray for my attitude because Tony is in Ohio, and Jenna is on a Christian retreat with her school, so there was nobody else for them to go to except for "mom"!!! Then, their other teacher threw out her neck during her move, so I found out this morning I'm "on" for school! S-I-G-H. Mama said there'd be days like this.

Here's another little "quirk". They will not go to another floor of our home or a room where no one is without someone going with them because they're scared. In fact, one has to accompany the other and hang out in the bathroom for the fear of this "monster" lurking around our house. Last night with just the 3 of us, I had to peel them off my arms as we were going upstairs! It's been a long time since we had to help children to get over the "bogey-man". Any suggestions?!

The day's gone ok, by the way, in spite of my original "want to run away" attitude. Most of it is just having the serenity to accept the things I cannot change!

No comments:

Post a Comment