Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wired for speed!

If you've been following this blog, you know we've had a struggle with car sickness, and I'm glad to say that this is no longer a struggle, even from the very back with no windows down, and even when they read in the car! I think they have acclimated to our very driving-intensive culture now! But honestly, I had no hope of them being good with the water and all the entertainment available there with motion sickness being an issue for them. So I was amazed when we went up to Lake Lanier, and the girls tried out the pool AND boating AND jet skiing AND tubing, and they didn't just not get sick one minute, but they loved it! They wanted to go faster both on the jet skis and in tubing! It's a 3-person tube, so their maiden tubing voyage was with their mother, who is most definitely wired for speed and wild rides. I had a blast with them! They called the pool "little water" and the lake "big water"! We went up the next week and watched them learn to kick in the pool from teacher Jenna, and Ginger even mastered putting her face in the water. Next summer will definitely include swimming lessons, and I already have their teacher all picked out!

I wonder how they will do at SIX FLAGS!!! Because their mom went there for her 40th birthday to make sure I still had it in me to ride every single ride, (except the one old roller coaster that beats you to death and rattles your brain around inside your head!) We'll keep you posted! But it's very cool that they continue to fit into their new place as Amburgy kids!

1 comment:

  1. Oh take me with you to Six Flags!! We love amusement parks. Actually my son is obsessed and he's got Ellie all geared up for a disney trip that he's dreaming in his head.......he's searching for cheap airfares every day!! Ellie says she'll go on a roller coaster with him but I'm not sure she "gets" what that means! LOL

    ReplyDelete